100 Prisoners Riddle Simulator
This application simulates many sessions of 100 Prisoners Riddle
Default strategy should return with 31% success rate with the steps of,
- Each prisoner first opens the drawer labeled with their own number.
- If this drawer contains their number, they are done and were successful.
- Otherwise, the drawer contains the number of another prisoner, and they next open the drawer labeled with this number.
- The prisoner repeats steps 2 and 3 until they find their own number, or fail because the number is not found in the first fifty opened drawers.
- 100 prisoners problem – Wikipedia
- The Riddle That Seems Impossible Even If You Know The Answer – YouTube
go build to build
Usage of ./100PrisonersRiddle: -n int Number of sessions to run (default 1000000) -s string Type of strategy to use, 'loop', 'random', 'true', 'false' (default "loop")