Kicking Off Hacktoberfest with ACM-VIT!
A general purpose Discord bot, written in GO!
Submitting a Pull Request
- Fork the repository by clicking the fork button on top right corner of the page
- Clone the target repository. To clone, click on the clone button and copy the https address. Then run
git clone https://github.com/ACM-VIT/golly-bot.git
- Go to the cloned directory by running
- Create a new branch. Use
git checkout -b mynewbranch
- Make your changes to the code. Add changes to your branch by using
git add .
- Commit the chanes by executing
git commit -m "short message describing changes"
- Push to remote. To do this, run
git push origin mynewbranch
- Create a pull request. Go to the target repository and click on the “Compare & pull request” button. Make sure your PR description mentions which issues you’re solving. Wait for your request to be accepted, and you’re good to go!
Guidelines for Pull Request
- Avoid pull requests that :
- are automated or scripted
- that are plagarized from someone else’s branch
- Do not spam
- Project maintainer’s decision on validity of PR is final.
For additional guidelines, refer to this website for additional information