The service that we’re going to build is a simple bank. It will provide APIs for the frontend to do following things:
- Create and manage bank accounts, which are composed of owner’s name, balance, and currency.
- Record all balance changes to each of the account. So every time some money is added to or subtracted from the account, an account entry record will be created.
- Perform a money transfer between 2 accounts. This should happen within a transaction, so that either both accounts’ balance are updated successfully or none of them are.
Setup local development
- Docker desktop
brew install golang-migrate
brew install sqlc
go install github.com/golang/mock/[email protected]
- Create the bank-network
- Start postgres container:
- Create simple_bank database:
- Run db migration up all versions:
- Run db migration up 1 version:
- Run db migration down all versions:
- Run db migration down 1 version:
How to generate code
- Generate SQL CRUD with sqlc:
- Generate DB mock with gomock:
- Create a new db migration:
migrate create -ext sql -dir db/migration -seq <migration_name>
How to run
- Run server:
- Run test: