CLI Task List and Journal
jot is a simple journaling program for CLI that helps you keep track of your life.
~/.jot.yaml is read on startup. The default values are as follows:
--- directory: "~/.jot.d" weekendTags: [ weekend ] workdayTags: [ work, $employer ] holidayTags: [ holiday ]
- Organize your day’s tasks, notes
- Use familiar
- Keep track of task completion percentage
- Simple format (yaml header+markdown) that is easy to use in other tools
- Simple tagging system helps
jotwork for work and home
- Bring your own file sync, to keep your notes on all your devices (supports dropbox, btsync, owncloud, …)
Search and Organize
- Create new sections for
weekend, or perhaps tags?
- CLI subcommands for adding new tasks to an entry