meow: Monitor Endpoints on (the) Web
meow is a simple monitoring system for unauthenticated HTTP endpoints.
meow consists of the following components:
- A configuration server to manage the endpoints to be monitored.
- The actual monitoring daemon performing the requests.
- An alerting server to notify endpoints that went offline (and back online).
Configuration Server (
Run it with an existing configuration CSV file (to be overwritten):
go run configCmd/config.go -file sample.cfg.csv
A configuration defines multiple endpoints, each consisting of the following indications:
- Identifier: A (short) identifier string (matching regexp
- URL: The URL of the endpoint to be monitored.
- Method: The HTTP method to be used for the request (e.g.
- StatusOnline: Response HTTP status code indicating success (e.g.
- Frequency: How often the request should be performed (e.g.
- FailAfter: After how many failing requests the endpoint is considered offline.