- Add Woodlands Checkpoint to your server (requires manage roles and manage nicknames permissions)
- Create to role be given to verified users (e.g.
- Create a channel for non-verified users to verify themselves in (e.g.
- Set up permissons for the role so that only the verified users can see the normal channels
- Set up the verification channel so only non-verified users can see it (verified users cannot see it)
- Create roles for grades 7-12
/initializewith the roles you made earlier
- Woodlands Checkpoint should be set up! 😄
Fixes to Try
- In both channel settings and role settings, make sure you are allowed to use application commands
- Make sure that the
@Woodlands Checkpointrole is higher than your verified role
- The bot will not nickname you if your highest role is higher than the
- Make copies of
- Remove the
.examplefrom each of the filenames
students.jsonwith student information*
- Put your Discord bot token in the
go build main
./main.exefor Windows users)
*DM me on Discord (
vidhan#0001) if you are interested in doing this step yourself.
This repository has been dockerized to allow for running the bot in a Docker container which is portable across different hosts and compatible with kubernetes clusters with a containerd runtime.
To build the Docker image:
To publish the Docker image to GHCR:
There is a premade
docker-compose.yml file for quick deployment to any Docker host. Simply run
docker-compose up to run the compose file or visit Docker’s documentation for more options of the command.