MGR “Must Gather Reader”
MGR “not the final name” is a simple TUI interface to navigate and view OpenShift 4 must-gather files.
How to run it:
- Download and run the executable file “mgr”:
# ./mgr <MG path>
- Or, you can clone the project and build your own executable files as follows [Recommended]:
# git clone https://github.com/AmrGanz/MGR.git # cd MGR # go build . -o mgr # ./mgr <MG path>
- The main interface is devided into multiple areas as shown in the following screenshot:
- You will always start with area “1” or List number 1.
- Most of the flow will start from List 1 then you have new options to choose from in List 2 and so on till you finally get an output in the Text Output area.
- Sometimes you will ge the output in the Text Area from selecting options in List 2, so you don’t have to always get it from the last List.
CopyModebutton will bring focus to the contents in the Text Output area by hiding other areas.
- While in the
CopyMode, you can use your mouse to highlight and Select/Copy lines.
- To go back to the main interfacr, press the
Esckey in your keyboard.
SearchBoxis used to do a simple filtering of the
Text Outputand it is case sensitive
- To retrive the original content, clean the
SearchBoxthen press on the
A screenshot of the main interface showing an example output:
- Read Projects, Operators, Nodes, MCP, MC, and PersistentVolume resources details.
- Text output is similar to what you get with the oc client
- Quick navigation between cluster resources
- Filter output text using the SearchBox
- Copy from the output text using the CopyMode button
- Ability to use the mouse
To be added Features “TBA”:
- More cluster reources to be added
- Color coding
- Dynamically set the initial size of the interface areas according to the initial terminal size
- Display and search containers full logs
- Keyboard shourtcuts
- Descrypt Secrets, and MachineConfigs
- Some options will give an output as “TBA” which means that this option will be added later
- This software is using tview go library
- In my lab I am using go version go1.16.8
- This tool is in a PoC phase and more features will be added to it soon
- Please feel free to report any bugs or a required feature/enhancement