Bampf is a simple 3D arcade style game. Collect energy cores in order to finish a level. Teleport (bampf) to safety or use cloaking abilities to avoid sentinels.
Bampf was created primarily to test the vu 3D engine. Its levels are used to benchmark the engine by substantially increasing the number of triangles rendered each level. As such the game isn’t really meant to be winnable given the large number of AI’s in the later levels.
- Install the vu engine first using
go get github.com/gazed/vu.
- Download bampf into the
srcdirectory of a Go workspace which is any directory in the
$GOPATH. Using just
go get github.com/gazed/bampfplaces bampf in
$GOPATH/src/github.com/gazed/bampfand works for producing developer builds, but not production builds.
- Create developer builds using
go buildfrom the
bampfdirectory. Run the game
- Create shippable product builds using
bampf/admin. All build output is located in the
./build.py src open target/Bampf.app
python build.py src target/bampf.exe
Developer Build Dependencies
- vu engine.
Production Build Dependencies
- vu engine.
- python for the build script.
- git for product version numbering.
- zip for appending resources to the binary.
Transitive dependencies from the
- OpenGL version 3.3 or later.
- OpenAL 64-bit version 2.1.
- Same dependency limitations as the vu engine.
- Production builds use zip. On Windows there is a WIN 64-bit zip available at willus.com/archive/zip64. Put zip.exe in PATH.