The RadVPN doesn’t need any central point as it connects to other nodes directly (full mesh) it has built-in router that helps packets to route to the approperate destinations. there are two options for configuration: yaml file and if you want to have central configuration management it supports etcd. for the time being it supports symmetric encryptions and Linux platform.
Given that the Go Language compiler (version 1.11 or greater is required) is installed, you can build it with:
go get github.com/mehrdadrad/radvpn cd $GOPATH/src/github.com/mehrdadrad/radvpn go build .
docker pull mehrdadrad/radvpn:latest docker run --privileged -d -p 8085:8085 -v $(pwd)/radvpn.yaml:/etc/radvpn.yaml -e RADVPN_NODE_NAME=node1 mehrdadrad/radvpn:latest
With the default it tries to load config.yaml file individually at each node, but it can be configured to use same configuration through etcd. Once the configuration is changed, it loads and applies new changes by itself. Below yaml is a sample configuration:
revision: 1 crypto: type: gcm key: 6368616e676520746869732070617373776f726420746f206120736563726574 nodes: - node: name: node1 address: 18.104.22.168 privateAddresses: - 10.0.1.1/24 privateSubnets: - 10.0.1.0/24 - node: name: node2 address: 22.214.171.124 privateAddresses: - 10.0.2.1/24 privateSubnets: - 10.0.2.0/24
radvpn -config radvpn.conf
- revision – the watcher works based on the revision number; once it increased, the configuration will be loaded immediately
- keepalive – frequency duration of radvpn-to-radvpn ping to check if a connection is alive (default is 10 seconds)
- insecure – disable encryption (default is false)
- mtu – sets the mtu of the tunnel interface
- maxworkers – sets number of concurrent workers (read/write to/from tunnel concurrently)
- address – sets ip address and ports (format : ip:port)
- name – sets the name of the current node
- gcm – galois/counter mode
- cbc – cipher block chaining
- key – secret key
- endpoints – sets the etcd endpoints
- timeout – sets etcd endpoints timeout
- name – node’s name
- address – node’s external ip address
- privateAddresses – sets private address(es) on the tunnel interface
- privateSubnets – sets reachable subnet(s) from currect node
Run with etcd
radvpn -config radvpn.conf -etcd
Update etcd from yaml file
radvpn -update etcd -config radvpn.yaml
This project is licensed under MIT license. Please read the LICENSE file.
Welcomes any kind of contribution, please follow the next steps:
- Fork the project on github.com.
- Create a new branch.
- Commit changes to the new branch.
- Send a pull request.