gokrazy framebuffer status (fbstatus)
fbstatus graphically shows the gokrazy system status on the Linux frame buffer, which is typically available via HDMI when running on a Raspberry Pi or a PC.
This graphical output is helpful to understand:
- whether gokrazy booted up correctly
- whether gokrazy’s NTP client obtained the correct time
- whether gokrazy’s DHCP client obtained an IP address
- the current resource usage of the system
Please refer to the gokrazy quickstart if you are unfamiliar.
Then, add the fbstatus package to your packer command line:
gokr-packer \ -update=yes \ github.com/gokrazy/fbstatus \ github.com/gokrazy/hello \ github.com/gokrazy/serial-busybox
After your Raspberry Pi reboots, you should eventually see the graphical output from the screenshot above on your HDMI monitor.
- show ethernet interface(s) plugged-in state somehow?
- show service log messages (stdout, stderr)
- implement different views, switch between the different views via flag (rotate mode, switches every n=60 seconds between views)