Ethereum Engine API Proxy
- Go 1.18 installed
go install github.com/rauljordan/[email protected]
Launches a proxy middleware server for spoofing engine API calls between Ethereum consensus and execution clients via JSON-RPC. Allows for customizing in-flight responses using custom triggers.
Listens on localhost:8546 by default, so point a consensus client to http://localhost:8546 to see it in action. With default settings, it will just serve as a passthrough proxy to an execution client, so normal operations will be unaffected.
Supports passing in a -spoofing-config file path to a YAML file with the following format:
requests: - method: engine_newPayloadV1 fields: parentHash: "0x0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000" responses: - method: engine_exchangeTransitionConfigurationV1 fields: terminalBlockHash: "0x0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000"
Specifying which fields of requests and/or responses to engine API calls we want to modify. NOTE: nested fields are not yet supported.
- –eth-rpc-endpoint string: execution client endpoint (default: “http://127.0.0.1:8545“)
- –host string: host for the HTTP proxy server (default: “127.0.0.1”)
- –port int: port for the HTTP proxy server (default: 8546)
- –spoofing-config string: path to a YAML file containing a spoofing config
- –jwt-secret string: path to file containing a JWT secret hex-string used for authentication via HTTP. WORK IN PROGRESS
Github actions run tests, lint, and building. Ensure your code is formatted with gofmt and goimports before submitting a pull request. Tests can be run with:
go test ./... -v