Reddit Discord Verification Bot
This is pretty rough around the edges and probably needs some touching up, but you should get the gist.
How to Run
- Make sure you have
makeinstalled in whatever CLI you’re using
- Make sure you have Docker and Docker-Compose installed
- Fill out the .env config file
- DISCORD_BOT_TOKEN should be the token generated for whatever discord account you make from their application portal
- REDDIT_USERNAME / REDDIT_PASSWORD should be the username and password for the Reddit account bot
- REDDIT_CLIENT_ID and REDDIT_SECRET_ID should be the client id and secret for an app created on the bot account in Reddit’s 3rd party app portal
- MESSAGE_SUBJECT is just the message subject for the message users will be asked to send to the bot
- Invite the bot to whatever server you want using Discord’s oauth2 url generator
- You can find the docs here
- You can find it in Discord’s application portal, link on line 3.1
- If you care about security, grant as small of a permission scope as possible. If you don’t, give it
I’ll update this repo as people report issues, but in its current state, it’s totally un-tested. Good luck.