Terraform Provider for Splunk ITSI
- install Terraform (v.1.0.4): https://learn.hashicorp.com/tutorials/terraform/install-cli
- golang version 1.17 installed
- goreleaser: https://goreleaser.com/install/
ITSI REST API
Starting a provider in Debug Mode:
It is important to start a provider in debug mode only when you intend to debug it, as its behavior will change in minor ways from normal operation of providers. The main differences are:
- Terraform will not start the provider process; it must be run manually.
- The provider’s constraints will no longer be checked as part of terraform init.
- The provider will no longer be restarted once per walk of the Terraform graph; instead the same provider process will be reused until the command is completed.
- install GoLand & open terraform-provider-itsi project
- Pass debug flag, It can be done via the Run Configuration:
- Make sure plugin is compiled in debug mode (
go build -gcflags="all=-N -l", GoLand takes care of this, executing via Debug button)
- After launching the plugin will output a message telling you to set the TF_REATTACH_PROVIDERS environment variable:
- Copy and paste this to another shell, from which you will run Terraform:
- Observe your caught breakpoint: