This project is a prototype for a future tutorial series I plan to create. I am learning and practicing the basics of the Ebiten game library for the Go programming language so that I can teach others how to make a simple game. The proposed game is a simple arcade Shoot ’em up (“SHMUP”) where the player pilots a spaceship that must shoot enemies, dodge enemies and bullets, collect powerups, and ultimately get through a few levels.
I will post progress updates on this README file, in addition to tracking key concepts that I need to implement.
- Generate a Hello World in Ebiten
- Create a player character with movement
- Create an enemy
- Make the enemy move
- Implement collisions between the player and enemies
- Implement player shooting mechanic
- Implement collisions between enemies and bullets
- Implement enemy shooting
- Create 2-3 alternate enemies
- Create a main menu screen
- Create a death screen
- Add sound effects
- Refactored code. Can now draw and update directly from each object.
- Created ship struct in ship.go.
- Created an enemies array that holds enemies and draw them to screen.