Go Training Service
The purpose of this project is to allow participants of the Go training sessions to have a hands-on experience, developing and
deploying a simple Go service.
Using this project to develop and deploy a small Go service is quite simple and straightforward. To create and deploy a
new service simply follow the steps outlined below:
- Start by creating a branch from
main. Make sure that your branch adheres to this naming convention
For example, a valid branch name is
- Copy all the contents of the
src/template/folder in a new folder named
/src/<username>. Make sure that the
username defined in the branch name is the same as the name of your folder.
- Rename all occurrences of
templatewithin the copied code to match your username.
- Do all the necessary code changes to your Go code.
- Once all the code changes are done, you can go ahead and open up a pull-request targeting the
- Opening up a pull request will trigger a CI run for your code. This will build your code and verify its integrity.
- You can perform any number of commits whilst the PR is open, each triggering a new CI run.
- Upon finalizing your code changes and given that the newly added code gets built properly, you can go ahead and merge to
- ⚠️ Make sure that you do not tamper with GitHub’s default commit message as it contains the branch name. The latter is
required for the retrieving deployment related information. If a custom message must be provided, please make sure to include
the branch name in lowercase.
- After merging the changes and once the CI is finished, you can verify the liveliness of your service by visiting the following