🦕 Dinolog Protocol
Utterly simplified and lightweight blogging protocol
Dinolog protocol is a simplified blogging protocol which can even be surfed with telnet or netcat
- Me> : I want to read blogs of Mango Man
- MangoManServer> : Sure, Which one?
- Me> : Not sure! Show the list of every entry.
- MangoManServer> : Okay, Here you go…
- Me> : Too much.. Too much.. Show me the last 2 entries
- MangoManServer> : As you wish…
Here is the list of available
* ALL (All entries)
* L<1-20> (Latest N entries)
* O<1-20> (Oldest N entries)
* D (entries published on DATE)
* T (Entry with TAG )
I know the URL/SLUG/ID of the entry:
UTF-8 Encoded Plain Text
NOTE: Entry listing must make entry id/slug visible with clear indication; for easy browsing via any client
Server must truncate the post body if it exceeds 500 characters, while doing so server must put clear indication.
entries can have title fields, which can be used to generate slugs/ids. Title is just like any other normal text on entries. If entry have Title field server will send them as the first line of the entry body text. Clients should make them distinguishable
Here is an example listing
MangoMan's Blog ================ > my-first-post I like to play football > i-played-football-for-first-time I won playing football
Login a Dinolog server should have a
ID Name. While
Nameshould be unique,
ID Namemust be unique.
Log Pod Structure
NAME UNAME ENTRIES: 0: SLUG TITLE SIZE TEXT